tini. This Is Not Ikea



On 515 S. Fairfax Ave a busy street in Los Angeles with much traffic, with my car in the traffic, I had as of late seen an enticing store.  In large red rounded block letters above the doorway it reads "tini.".  My affair with vintage items  leads my eye to the store every single time, at the front of the store laid out in a row are retro looking seats, boxes of old pictures, lamps, large funny signs, a myriad of distinct and unique general decor all vintage-e, all whispering for me to come take a look inside.  It wasn't until  today I stepped in with the utmost excitement.  Inside, at the top of the doorway a sign reads "This Is Not Ikea", it certainly is not, one could see that right away.  

A maze of of various items stacked on top of each other: furnishings, kitchenware, an old LP player, clocks, retro chairs, rustic looking tables, old faded magazines, mirrors, a lava lamp, old radios, old fans, large signs!  Manikins?!  Traffic lights?!  A bust?!  An interior designer's dream and a set designer's heaven no doubt.

When I arrived home and looked up their website the 'about' page described their items as "retro, modern, vintage... unique.  Pieces that all spoke to them was how all the items were chosen"  needless to say, they spoke to me too.




tini.
515 S. Fairfax Ave
LA CA 90036
323.938.9230

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...