Living On The Water: House-Boats


Relocation in process

When I think of house-boats I immediately have an image of a small 600SF box with partition walls, it all looks quite sad in my head much like a mobile home, which I'm sure I have the wrong idea of as well.  However, after some research and looking through some pictures I found that house-boats can vary greatly, a majority of them being very beautiful. 

Though the thought of my house and all my treasured belongings sinking into dark waters or getting flooded out seems unappealing, the idea of being able to move locations from one side of the pier to the other for a change of scenery or on a simple whim seems fantastic.


A green modern house-boat




Lake Union, Seattle boat-house











Boat-house communities

Granville Island, Vancouver

Seattle

Oakland





LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...